TAPESTRY WEAVING WORKSHOPThe Registry of Sarees Research and Study Centre is pleased to announce a hands-on course in Tapestry Weaving. Take a journey through the ancient art of tapestry weaving over an intensive and exciting hands-on weekend workshop (August 31 & September 1) where you will discover the techniques and skills to create your own piece of woven tapestry.
Location:The Registry of Sarees, K.R.Colony, Krishna Reddy Layout, Domlur, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Cost:Rs. 6,250.00 per person
About this experience
The workshop will cover the fundamentals of weaving on the frame loom, including warping, weave structure, construction, and finishing off a piece. Participants will indulge in explorations of colour, pattern, texture and form, to express themselves creatively, only to discover that the possibilities extend as far and wide as one’s imagination! This is just the beginning!
The workshop is open to all levels and no prior experience in weaving is necessary. A childlike curiosity and the intention to learn while having fun would be great to bring along.
You’ll learn how to:
• Structure your weaving and design and balance warp and weft
• Translate a design on paper into weaving, and construct shapes and patterns
• Create textures with specific techniques
• Explore artistry in fibres
• Take your weaving off the loom, finish and display it.
During the workshop, participants will also have access to the centre’s extensive library of weaving books and support material.
Participants will be given their own frame loom, weaving tools, resource booklet, and will go home with their self-created piece of woven tapestry and the super powers (skills) to keep on weaving!
An hour long lunch break will be taken at a convenient time for participants. Students are requested to bring their own lunch or can purchase something in the neighborhood. Refreshments such as tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided.
• 2 days of guided tapestry weaving (10:30 am to 5:30 pm with a lunch break from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm)
• Weaving Tools for the duration of the workshop – this includes frame loom, yarn, shuttle, work book and kit.
• Weaving notes as per the session
• Tea and snacks
• Guaranteed fun in a relaxed environment
What is not included:
• Lunch (you are free to bring your own or there are 2 options about five minutes from the studio)
Please mail contact@theregistryofsarees or call +91 70227 95003 for more information