NATURAL DYEING WORKSHOPThe Registry of Sarees is conducting a first of its kind Natural Dyeing Workshop. Aimed at using local flora to educate and train an urban community, this intensive two day workshop (August 24th & 25th) will equip you with the knowledge and skill set to use innovative natural dyeing technologies developed by Dr Padma Vankar and her team from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur.
Location:The Registry of Sarees, K.R.Colony, Krishna Reddy Layout, Domlur, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Cost:Rs. 12,500.00 per person
About this experience
Expect tutoring as well as practical experimentation on newer vegetable dye sources as well as improved technology upgraded by the latest cutting-edge research and development. The course will cover extraction of dyes, methods of dyeing, optimisation of dyeing procedures.
You will learn :
• The use of locally grown plants as dyes for silk and cotton fabrics.
• The use of other natural dyes on silk, wool and cotton fabrics.
• To develop formulations of natural dyes for shade card preparation
• To standardise dyes used by simplified methods.
• To explore the creative use of mordants.
This workshop bridges the academic research and study with field and technical applications. It is suitable for anyone exploring or seeking to enhance their skill and knowledge base with technology developed to produce optimal results both by way of production and by efficiency of use of raw materials. It is also suitable for people who work with natural dyes (shibori artists, crafters, block printers) who are looking to update their skill sets.
It is both academic and experimental in its format. Please expect to be handling natural dyes as well as working with them.
• 2 days of tuition and hands-on experimentation (10:30 am to 5:30 pm with a lunch break from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm)
• All raw materials, apparatus and tools
•Dyeing notes as per the session
• Tea and snacks
• Guaranteed learning in a relaxed environment
What is not included:
• Lunch (you are free to bring your own or there are 2 options about five minutes from the studio)
Please mail contact@theregistryofsarees or call +91 70227 95003 for more information